We have provided consulting patent-law services to a wide variety of law firms and corporate clients. Our clientele range from national patent-law firms and national general practice firms to small law firms, Chief IP counsel of Fortune 500 companies to presidents of small start-up companies. Some examples of our engagements include:
- Consultant for a national patent law firm representing an accused infringer in one of the In re Katz multidistrict patent infringement litigations relating to call center technology, helped firm secure a summary judgment in client’s favor.
- Represented biotechnology company in filing an amicus curiae brief in support of petition for certiorari in In re Bilski
- Consultant for a large corporation involved as a defendant in one of the In re Katz multidistrict patent infringement litigations relating to call center technology.
- Consultant for a corporate counsel of a large computer/Internet company on all aspects of defending over a dozen different infringement suits pending across the nation, including several in the E.D. of Texas.
- Drafted amicus curiae brief on the merits before the Supreme Court in KSR Int’l v. Teleflex Inc. on behalf of a pharmaceutical trade association
- Consultant for a national patent law firm representing an accused infringer in an infringement suit concerning a mechanical household appliance, helped firm obtain a summary judgment of noninfringement and defend the judgment successfully at the Federal Circuit.
- Consultant for national patent law firm representing an accused infringer in an infringement suit concerning a mechanical household appliance brought in the ITC, helped firm obtain a favorable summary ruling.
- Consultant to the patent group of a national general practice law firm representing a client in a PTO appeal.
- Consultant to a small law firm representing a patentee in an infringement action, helped firm successfully oppose a noninfringement summary judgment motion, with some defendants settling thereafter.
- Consultant to a medical device manufacturer in analyzing competitor’s patent.
- Consultant to a manufacturing corporation regarding restructuring patent ownership rights as part of an off-shore corporate restructuring initiative.